Based in Australia’s largest regional theme park, this is hard work and good fun rolled into one!
You will get the opportunity to help lead the team who are already achieving Trip Advisor reviews which have positioned us as Australia’s highest rated theme park!
About the Role
The role of a Theme Park Duty Manager is essential in contributing tfo our common purpose of "creating happiness and magical memories" for all of our guests. You will do this through providing 'on the ground' leadership to our Seasonal Team Members, ensuring the effective daily operation of the Park, high standards of Guest Service and increased Team Member satisfaction. You will champion the safe, efficient and guest focused operation of park slides, rides, and all other attractions and events, including the presentation and cleaning teams.
This role is a Seasonal Contract full time position between October 2020 and April 2021, reporting to the Operations Manager and providing first class leadership for a seasonal team of up to 200 team members.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a 'people management' Supervisor (or equivalent) role working in a dynamic hospitality, airline, leisure or entertainment industry businesses.
- Demonstrated experience working in high pressure situations autonomously
- Strong communication skills with an ability to engage all team member profiles.
- Must be a strong front line leader who enjoys working with the team on the front line to achieve results.
- An eye for detail for improving and maintaining presentation standards, workplace processes and procedures.
- A proven leader who effectively motivates and holds their team accountable
- Effective labour management experience
- Understands the importance of the guest experience
- Ability to efficiently manage guest complaints and achieve effective outcomes
- Enjoys working outdoors and remaining physically active for extended periods
- No planned absences in September, December, January or February.
- Willing to obtain a Pool Lifeguard and Apply First Aid Qualification
- Availability to work weekends and most public holidays including flexibility around additional work hours – this is not your typical 9-5 job!
In addition to working for an exciting and progressive brand, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits such as five weeks annual leave per annum, complimentary meals and regular ticket allocations to the park.
If this sounds like your dream job, then tell us why in your cover letter and submit your full application via SEEK before 19-October 2020.
Have an Awesome day!